Webinar: The Role of Housing Supports in Reentry
Around the country, many communities are facing a lack of affordable housing. People who have been involved with the justice system face additional barriers that make finding housing especially difficult. This webinar, hosted by The Council of State Governments Justice Center (CSG Justice Center) will discuss how to integrate housing solutions into the reentry process. Key topics will include identifying people at risk of homelessness in the justice system, coordinating with housing providers, and financing new housing opportunities.
The webinar features speakers from Clark County, Washington, to discuss efforts in their community to expand housing options for people reentering the community from jail. Presenters include:
- Amanda Clark, Housing Coordinator, Council for the Homeless – Housing Solutions Center, Vancouver, WA
- Deputy Jay Costello, Reentry, Clark County Sheriff’s Office, WA
- Charles Francis, Project Manager, Behavioral Health, The CSG Justice Center
- Anna Lookingbill, Discharge Planner, Reentry, Clark County Sheriff’s Office, WA
- Sarah Wurzburg, Program Director, Behavioral Health, The CSG Justice Center