Webinar: Building Partnerships for Successful Reentry
April 26, 2021
Providing quality education and reentry services to incarcerated people returning to the community requires a coordinated and collaborative effort between key reentry stakeholders. In this webinar, panelists discuss their education and reentry initiatives—a college-run reentry program operating out of an on-campus reentry center with leadership by formerly incarcerated people, and a collaborative partnership between a state department of correction and regional Workforce Development Board to increase opportunities, reduce barriers, and improve outcomes for justice-involved clients returning to the community.
Moderated by the Vera Institute of Justice's Brian Walsh, presenters include:
- Diane Good-Collins, Metropolitan Community College
- Marji VooVart, Metropolitan Community College
- Kimmie Spotts, Metropolitan Community College
- Silvia Jackson, Wisconsin Department of Corrections
- Rebecca Heth, Wisconsin Department of Corrections
- Regina Baldwin, Wisconsin Department of Corrections
- Seth Lentz, Workforce Development Board of South Central Wisconsin
- Jackie Hall, Workforce Development Board of South Central Wisconsin
A question and answer session with the panelists begins at the 41:36 mark of the video.