On June 2, 2011, the National Reentry Resource Center (NRRC) hosted a free webinar on incorporating screening and assessment into addiction and co-occurring mental health treatment. The webinar covered three key questions that can help agencies develop successful programs that will reduce drug use and recidivism and put people on the path to recovery. These questions should guide the development and management of treatment services for justice-involved individuals with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- How do you know if there really is a problem?
- How do you determine the most effective and efficient treatment for the problem?
- How do you know if the treatment is working?
- Kevin Knight, Ph.D., Associate Director for Criminal Justice Studies, Institute of Behavioral Research, Texas Christian University
- Janelle Prueter, Director of Corrections Transition Programs, TASC Illinois