Reaching Rural: Advancing Collaborative Solutions
Review of applications: October 1 - 26, 2022
Notification of Selection: November 1, 2022
Project kick-off: December 5, 2022
The Institute for Intergovernmental Research, on behalf of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA); the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); the State Justice Institute (SJI); and the National Association of Counties (NACo), is excited to share a new initiative, Reaching Rural: Advancing Collaborative Solutions. This initiative is part of BJA's Comprehensive Opioid, Stimulant, and Substance Abuse Program (COSSAP).
Reaching Rural is a one-year initiative where participants receive coaching and participate in skill-building workshops as well as virtual and in-person learning experiences.
- Travel and per diem costs to participate in an orientation, a field visit to observe the implementation of evidence-informed practices in a rural setting, and a closing session at the end of the 12 months
- Monthly mentorship and guidance aimed towards local needs
- Monthly assignments that help apply core concepts to local communities or regions
- Access to a diverse network of rural peers, innovative rural communities, and technical assistance providers
- Formal recognition for completing the planning initiative
This is not a grant opportunity. Participants will be reimbursed for their travel expenses when attending sponsored activities, but no additional funding is provided as a result of being selected for the Reaching Rural initiative.
Access the solicitation (PDF)
August 31, 2022 - 2:00 p.m. EST
Interested participants are invited to attend an informational webinar to learn more about this initiative and the application process.
Questions can be submitted in advance of the webinar to COSSAP@iir.com no later than August 30, 2022.