GAINS Center for Behavioral Health and Justice Transformation
The GAINS Center for Behavioral Health and Justice Transformation, under the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), is built upon the GAINS model. This model includes the following core strategies:
- Gather: Screen for and collect new research findings and best practices
- Assess: Synthesize this information into appropriate and targeted communication for various types of users
- Integrate: Organize facilitated learning and follow through
- Network: Build and strengthen networks and infrastructure
- Stimulate: Identify and use the most cost-effective ways of achieving significant results
The GAINS center webpage is a collection of resources aimed at helping to expand community services for adults who are in the criminal justice system and experiencing a mental and/or substance use disorder.