Improving Adult and Juvenile Crisis Stabilization and Community Reentry Program
Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance seeks applications for funding to state, local, and tribal governments, as well as community-based nonprofit organizations, to enhance or implement clinical services and other evidence-based responses to improve reentry, reduce recidivism, and address the treatment and recovery needs of people with mental health, substance use, or co-occurring disorders who are currently involved in the criminal justice system or were formerly involved.
There are two solicitation categories under this program:
- Adult and Juvenile Crisis Stabilization and Community Reentry Programs — State and Local Governments
- Adult and Juvenile Crisis Stabilization and Community Reentry Programs — Nonprofit Organizations and Tribal Governments
Goals, Objectives, and Deliverables
- Provide clinical and recovery support services that establish treatment, suicide prevention, and continuity of recovery in the community for people with mental health, substance use, or co-occurring disorders upon their release from a correctional facility.
- Provide training and education for criminal and juvenile justice agencies, mental health and substance use agencies, and community-based behavioral health providers on interventions that support:
- Best practices diversion models
- Crisis response services
- Engagement in recovery supports, treatment, and services
- Access to medication while in an incarcerated setting and continuity of care during reentry into the community
- Ensure that individuals with serious mental illness are provided timely access to appropriate recovery supports that may include peer support services, medication management (including long-acting injectable medications where clinically appropriate), case management, and psycho-social therapies.
- A data-driven action plan to be developed with input from BJA and the assigned technical assistance provider and submitted within 6 months of receiving final budget approval.
- A final report at the end of the project period.
For more information, see the most recent BJA grant solicitation and materials.